Your time, any time.
Science-backed workouts designed for your time. Burn 40% more calories than routine workouts in an efficient, coach inspired HIIT experience! Unlimited Six Zone access and classes are included in Newtown Athletic Club membership.
The new Six Zone space will be open to you during all hours that the club is open with virtual workouts displayed, so you can do Six Zone anytime.
Here’s what to know about the new Six Zone space…
- 35-minute HIIT workout designed with strength & cardio intervals.
- The new Six Zone space will be open at all times.
- Coaches will be staffed during our most active club hours.
- Six Zone will run 7 days per week with new workouts 3x per week.
- Monday & Tuesday being an upper body focus, Wednesday & Thursday with a lower body focus and Friday-Sunday total body workout.
- Programming will still consist of 6 zones of 5-minutes in each with a 1-minute rest in between each zone.
- You must check-in to Six Zone on the digital kiosk to begin your workout – so your Myzone appears on the studio screens.
A Myzone heart rate belt is not required to do Six Zone, however the programming includes coaching into the appropriate heart rate zone. More on Myzone in Six Zone.
- There are 20+ expert coaches trained to put you in the zone. Each coach will have a microphone to coach you into a MyZone color zone & help you reach peak performance.
- Ages 12+ will be permitted in Six Zone. We will have special family Six Zone workouts on Sunday where the age requirement is 8+.
- Targeting different muscle groups on different days helps build lean muscle mass. Lean muscle mass burns roughly 3x the amount of calories at rest per pound compared to body fat.
- Based on the after-burn effect or EPOC (excess post-exercise oxygen consumption), when you workout 84% or more of your max heart rate, with intervals of rest, you will continue to burn calories after Six Zone
Brand new equipment, top of the line technology & expert coaching to get you in the zone.
- The new space will include brand new turf, weights, kettlebells, TechnoGym, Strongbox and TRX equipment. It will also include twelve 80-inch TVs featuring MyZone and virtual workouts – available all day, everyday. Learn more about the new TechnoGym Skillrun Treadmills.
- Sunday workouts – bring the family to Six Zone, because working out is better together! When the new space opens, there will now be special family Six Zone sessions scheduled on Sunday (12-1PM) for ages 8+ (usually 12+)
Take a free class!