Keeping Equipment in Exceptional Condition: Our equipment health score is on average a 96% and each week reaches back up to 100%. How do we know or keep this score?
We’ve installed bar codes on each piece of equipment in the fitness center. If you’re experiencing an issue, you grab your cell phone and scan the QR code. Club Vitals technology provides seamless and effective communication between fitness club members, staff, managers and owners as well as facilities and equipment maintenance technicians. When the QR code is scanned, it notifies the maintenance team that is onsite to correct the issue. Each Wednesday, an equipment specialist comes out to address any piece of equipment that is reported under the weather from the previous week that the maintenance team was unable to fix onsite.
Club Cleanliness: Most of us never see the hard work – and hard working individuals – that are here late into the night (usually until 2AM to be exact) to keep your club in tip top shape. We’ve currently increased the club cleaning schedule to include additional disinfecting and the wiping down of machines and equipment. So, please be friendly and courteous to those on our staff who you see mid day. You’ll also notice extra sanitizing stations for member use.
General Housekeeping Standards
The actual housekeeping standards we expect to be maintained in our club. Here are some nitty-gritty details:
- We use a product called OxyPlus which is a hospital grade virucide, fungicide, and disinfectant. Since the mention of the coronavirus, we have upgraded our surface cleaning chemical to a product called HI-CON. While HI-CON is in the same chemical family as OxyPlus, it has been shown through EPA testing to be effective on the coronavirus.
- On normal shifts, there are 5+ staff members on the cleaning crew who are trained by experts in this space. We have doubled our day time house keeping and cleaning staff.
- The night time cleaning crew consists of 11+ staff members who are responsible for: all the floors are vacummed, mopped with hospital grade disinfectant, all the machines are wiped down by hand with this hospital grade disinfectant, restock all dispensing products, the locker rooms and showers are cleaned with a machine disinfecting spray and scrub, the drains are removed and cleaned out.
- Vacuuming, cleaning and removal of dirt and debris from floors, working surfaces, stairways, passages, platforms, entrances and exits.
Keeping the above areas dry, clean and free of clutter, obstructions and tripping hazards. Cleaning and maintenance of eating areas.
- Turf cleaning includes: vacuuming with deep rotary brush vacuums to pull debris and is followed with a spray down of the turf with disinfectant.
According to the CDC there are simple everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Throughout the entire club there are multiple hand sanitization stations with 60% or more alcohol (and more are being added) that we encourage you to use. We have a regular protocol for housekeeping staff to wipe down equipment regularly throughout the day and we encourage our members to do the same before and after they use equipment.
Through increasing our cleaning procedures, upgrading our chemicals, and providing more personal sanitizing options, we are staying ahead of any potential problem to better our facility and our members.
Below are two sanitary practice videos: