Fiber not only lowers our bad “LDL” cholesterol but it also keeps hunger and blood glucose levels in check.
How much does your child need?
- 1 – 3 years old should get 19 grams a day
- 4 – 8 years old should get 25 grams a day
- > 9 years old 26 grams a day (female)
- > 9 years old up to 38 grams a day (male)
Here’s a fiber-packed snack your children will crave!
Marshmallow Fiber Treats
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- 1 package (10 oz) of marshmallows
- 5 cups of Fiber One Cereal
- ½ cup of chia seeds
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Measure and pour chia seeds and cereal into bowl; add to marshmallow butter mixture until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into large baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve.
Oops! We could not locate your form.