Each month, we highlight one fundamental yoga pose that can help improve your overall practice and understanding. We will break down each pose, show you how to get into it safely, highlight its benefits and offer some pro tips!
The yoga pose of March is Warrior III.
Let’s learn the basics:
Warrior III pose, or Virabhadrasana III, is a strong, active pose that strengthens the ankles and legs, tones the muscles of the abdomen, and stretches the chest, shoulders and hamstrings. It also helps train the mind to stay focused with a steady gaze by keeping a light attitude while practicing. This pose also helps to improve balance and coordination and posture.
Let’s get into pose:
- Starting by standing in mountain pose and your feet hip distance apart
- Spread your toes wide and plant them to the mat
- Take a deep breath in and raise your arms high, exhale and slowly raise your right leg back straight back and engage your left leg
- Keep both legs strong and straight without locking them
- Bring your torso parallel to the floor and flex your core to create stability
- Keep your gaze down
- Stay in the pose for about 5 – 10 breaths or until you reached your comfort level
- To come out of the pose, slowly bring your right foot back down to the mat and bring your torso back to a vertical position
- When you are ready, begin on the opposite side
If you find you are wobbling, practice this pose with your hands touching a wall or the back of a tall chair. You can also try lightly resting your hands on two blocks placed below the shoulders. This will help you get used to the actions in the body while helping with your balance.
This 45,000 Sq. Ft. renovation/expansion places a heavy focus on 6 boutique group exercise studios for the various exercise modalities. Each of these areas will have its own brand (look, style, and name) in order to demonstrate the uniqueness of each modality and the already wide variety of proficiency that we offer to the member experience all under one roof.
To try out a yoga class, please fill out the form below.