The holidays are a time to enjoy friends, family & food. To keep on track with your wellness & nutrition goals this holiday season, our Registered Dietitian, Lisa James, has provided three quilt-free recipes to try this fall! Can you guess our favorite?
- Peanut Butter Cups with Cacoa Powder, Coconut Oil and Himalayan Salt
- Coconut Oil – Boost your HLD Cholesterol! Yes, it’s full of saturated fat and MCTs (medium- chain triglycerides) which help to balance hunger hormones!
- Cacoa Powder (raw, pure form of chocolate) – Excellent plant-based source of fiber and magnesium.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter – Protein packed necessity!
- Himalayan Salt – Mined in Pakistan, with trace amounts of calcium, potassium and magnesium. Great alternative to table salt.
1) Melt 1 and 3/4 cup of coconut oil
2) Mix 1 cup of cacoa powder, 6-7 TBSP of agave nectar or other liquid sweetener
3) Pour mixture into mini greased muffin pan
4) Drop small scoops of peanut butter
5) Sprinkle with salt and freeze
- Strawberry Muffin in a Mug Grab and Go, Microwave Ready!
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Strawberry Spread (use what you have, applesauce will also do).
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla Extract to taste
- 1 tsp maple syrup 3 TBSP Almond Flour
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- Melt butter in microwave
- Add/whisk together strawberry spread, egg, vanilla and maple syrup
- Add almond flour, cinnamon and baking powder
- Microwave for 1 min and 10 seconds! ENJOY!
- Fiber Chocolate Marshmallow Treat – Lisa’s Recipe!
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- 5 cups of Fiber One Cereal
- 1 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips (to taste)
- 1 cup of diced dry fruit (your choice)
- Melt butter
- Mix in cereal
- Mix in the rest
- Spread out on greased cookie sheet
- Cut, and serve.
Interested in learning more about nutrition and what foods fuel your body? Your club offers a nutrition & fitness coaching program all-in-one. Powered by NAC Registered Dietitian, Lisa James, our 13-week HealthyCare program, may be what you’re looking for.
Oops! We could not locate your form.