What’s new in Youth Programs? This winter, we have revamped an already great program – and we have done so by adding 6 new classes to our schedule! Interested in musical theater, yoga, eating healthy or art? If so, check out what’s up & coming in the youth fitness industry and at your club. Check it out:
- A brand new gymnastics class that gives children a glimpse of what it is like to perform a gymnastics routine on the balance beam and the floor. Instructors will incorporate the children’s very own ideas and creativity into a routine that they will get to show off on the last day of their class!
- Musical Theater
- In this class, we will educate children on the theatrical dance style that blends dance techniques and acting. Using broadway and other popular musicals, you’re kid’s will love this new addition to our program! They will learn how to tell a story through dance by being introduced to various dance and acting exercises.
- Mommy & Me Yoga and Youth Yoga
- Designed to give children the physical benefits of yoga. Did you know yoga helps enhance physical flexibility and balance? It also promotes physical strength, because kids learn to use all of their muscles in new ways.
- Healthy Parent/Healthy Child
- NAC Registered Dietitian, Lisa James, focuses on evidence-based strategies that empower parents and children to make healthier lifestyle choices. In a small-group setting, participants will connect with other families, create and taste fun new recipes and learn new tools that they can implement each week at home!
- Kids Create
- Let’s get creative! Children will have the opportunity to explore their artistic side + their ability to think outside the box. Each week, they will participate in an activity with food, art, and/or science.
- Irish Dancing
- Back by popular demand! Children will be introduced to the basic movements of Irish dance including jumping, skipping, and pointing. They will be exposed to and develop the Irish dance technique; focusing on coordination, musicality, and balance through various movement exercises and choreography.
Already established classes are also returning this winter and you can find the full schedule of this winter’s classes here! Registration for our Family Plus Programs Members begins on Monday, November 26. All other memberships & general public registration begins on Monday, December.
Ready for your kids to try a youth programs class at the NAC? Complete the form below!