Thanksgiving is right around the corner and that means football, family-fun and food! If you’re looking to add to your Turkey Day, fitness is something that can be fun for the whole family! The kids will have a blast getting active before dinner is served and parents will be happy to burn off some of that Thanksgiving feast. Check out these kid-friendly games & activities to get moving before the holidays…
- Flag Football Match: This one is a no-brainer; nothing goes together better than Thanksgiving and football. Get the whole family together, divide up into teams, and let the games begin. The winning team gets the first slice of pie after dinner!
- Participate in a Turkey Trot: Many towns and neighborhoods host local 5ks or 1-milers on Thanksgiving morning. Spend time together as a family before the chaos of cooking ensues later in the afternoon, while also enjoying the fresh air and exercise.
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt: This one takes a little bit of preparation before the big day. Hide toy-sized turkeys around your house or yard with clues attached. These can be anything from simple exercises (do five push-ups) to silly things (show off your best turkey dance). When they reach the end children will receive a special prize.
- Family Bike Ride: Cycling helps you enjoy some quality time with your loved ones. Riding with your kids or tandem biking with your spouse can help spark a new bond and can be competitive and fun for all! The best part of all is – it’s free once you have your bike!
- Turkey Walk: This game is great for younger children. Play music and all the children dance around. The adult can encourage children to dance like various types of turkeys (BIG, small, happy, sad, crazy, etc.)
- Pumpkin Roll: This relay race game is harder than it sounds. Each player gets a pumpkin and a stick or broom. All players start in a line and they must race to use their stick to roll their pumpkin to the finish line. The first one with their pumpkin across wins!
No matter what your plans are for Thanksgiving, there are tons of ways to stay active. Share your favorite ways to spend time getting fit with your family!
Keep your family active through the holidays! While you get in your weekly workouts, have your children also stay active by enrolling them in youth classes at the NAC! Registration for our winter session begins Monday, Nov 26! Click here to view the youth winter schedule!
We offer a variety of classes including gymnastics, dance, Tae Kwon Do and KidFit (sports, art & STEM)! For more information, contact the Program Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.968.0600 x112.
Try a class!