Banana Peanut Butter Snack bites are perfect for kids and adults, before a workout or as an afternoon work snack, and as a side! You don’t need a food processor, just a good old mixing bowl and rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
Nut butter: Feel free to sub peanut butter for natural cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
PB powder: I tried this with hemp protein powder as well and it turned out great. Feel free to use other protein powders and let me know how it goes.
Add ins: Some of the Bites pictured had cacao nibs mixed in, and you could also add mini chocolate chips or raisins. I also rolled a few in unsweetened coconut flakes!
Peanut Butter Banana Snack Bites
Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes 20-32 Bites
- 1 small-medium overripe banana
- 1/2 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 1 1/2 Cups quick cook oats
- 1/2 cup course ground flax
- 3-4 Tablespoons peanut butter powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mash the banana in a medium mixing bowl before stirring in the peanut butter and honey until well blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, starting with just 3 Tbsp of the peanut butter powder.
- Roll 1-1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture into a balls. If mixture seems too wet to form into solid balls, add the other tablespoon of peanut butter powder. If for some reason it still is too wet to form, add one tablespoon of oats until you reach the right consistency.
At the NAC, we know that to be successful in reaching your health goals, your nutrition plays an important role. For that reason, we have Registered Dietitians on our staff to better serve you. Our Registered Dietitians provide you with complimentary nutrition classes and seminars as well as fee-based personalized nutrition coaching to support your fitness in any stage of your life.
For more information on membership, complete the form below!
Oops! We could not locate your form.