To dance is to “move rhythmically to music, typically following a set sequence of steps.”
To be a dancer is to “be a work of art.”
Dancing is a form of art where one has the talent to move their body to a specific rhythm in a specific way. Here at the NAC, our dancers get an introduction into the dance/movement class setting. Our classes range from mommy-and-me to more independent settings. Our classes are designed to develop a child’s skills and to teach them the disciplines of dance. We wanted to touch on the health benefits that your children get from our dance program:
- It boosts your child’s memory – Dancing helps to teach your brain to act gracefully, in and outside of the dance studio. Aerobic exercise reverses volume loss in the hippocampus. This is the part of your brain that controls your memory.
- It improves flexibility – Stretching your muscles is good for growth and to maintain a healthy body throughout life. It helps to ease potential joint pain and soreness after practice.
- It helps your heart – Dancing improves your health, breathing and quality of life.
- It improves balance – The fast movement and good posture that is required in dancing, these help to stabilize yourself and gain better control of your body.
- It increases energy – (Yes, we know kids already have a lot of energy!) But, this helps to channel the energy and use it for something positive.
- It helps children make friends – Engaging in dance helps your children to make connections with other kids who also love to dance! Utilizing their social skills, they could make friends that they will have for the rest of their lives!
We love our Youth Programs dance classes and our wonderful dance team! Our kids get to engage with each other, learn from long-time dancers who have now become dance instructors and make friends! We help to improve their social skills and to introduce them to the basics of dance. The best part? When you enroll for our dance program, you get to see your child perform in their recital in the Spring!
For more information on Youth Programs dance classes, complete the form below.