Summer time has finally arrived and while it is easy for us adults to know what we should and should not eat, our kiddos need a little bit of assistance in the kitchen! We have developed a list of healthy recipes for snacks that your child is sure to love. We took the most colorful foods and turn them into fun in your belly.
These snacks are perfect for sending your child to Kids Club, Camp NAC and Youth Programs!
- Frozen Yogurt Grapes:
- Pick your grapes from the stem and freeze them on a baking sheet.
- Let the grapes thaw for just a couple of minutes and then stick your toothpick in and roll them in yogurt (your choice of flavor). *You should see the yogurt begin to freeze.
- Return them to the freezer or serve them! *(For harder yogurt, definitely return them to the freezer for a few minutes).
- Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- Drain a can of chickpeas (or begin with already cooked chickpeas and rinse them well).
- Spread the beans on tinfoil on top of a cooking sheet.
- Dry them with a towel – you want them as dry as you can get them to ensure they get crunchy!
- Drizzle with olive oil, parmesan cheese and salt.
- Cook them in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Mini Fruit Pizza
- Begin with soft tortilla shells and use the top of a mason jar to make them smaller “crusts”. *Corn tortillas not recommended, try wheat or white.
- Mix “frosting” – plain greek yogurt, honey, drop of vanilla, fresh squeezed orange or lime juice. Then, spread onto “pizzas”.
- Have your child decorate their pizzas with the fruits of their choice.
These snacks are perfect for a grab-n-go and easy to get the kids in the kitchen!
For more information on membership at the Newtown Athletic Club, complete the form below!