There’s no denying that partner workouts are effective in keeping you focused on your goals and in keeping you more likely to exercise. Partner workouts add intensity, motivation and a sense of community, something we take pride in at the NAC with our GroupFit classes and team training options. Here are a few of our favorite, full-body exercises that hit the upper body, lower body and core in a coordinated movement pattern. Try these warm-up moves with your partner before your workout today!:
1. The Mirror Game
- Partners face each other and take turns leading basic cardio floor exercises&mdashside steps, hamstring curls, jumping jacks, knee lifts, jogging in place, squats, etc.—for 2 minutes.
- Switch every 20 seconds and keep people moving.
- Focus on proper form!
2. Patty-Cake Lateral Lunges
- Partners stand side by side and perform a rocking lateral lunge away from each other.
- A wide stance ensures knees stay behind toes, with external hip rotation.
- Reach opposite hand toward knee, then toward partner, twisting trunk to give partner a high-five.
- Perform 8–16 reps; switch sides by jogging around or hopping to face back.
3. Plié Squat Pass (Lateral)
- Partners stand back to back in wide plié stance with one light to moderate-weight medicine ball.
- Partner A holds ball between waist and chest level and twists left to pass ball.
- Partner B retrieves ball from right.
- Perform 8–10 reps in each direction to warm up thighs and trunk rotators.
- Use a moderate tempo (2- or 4-count twists, in each direction) to avoid dizziness.
4. Medicine-Ball Squat Pass (Overhead)
- Partners stand back to back, a couple of feet apart.
- Partner A holds a light medicine ball, squats for 2 counts, then rises to stand for 2 counts while pressing ball overhead, reaching back gently to pass ball to partner B.
- Partner B extends arms overhead, takes ball, and then squats, lifts ball and passes it back.
- Focus on opening shoulders as you “fire up” back muscles.
- Have each partner perform 8–10 squats.
Set yourself up for fitness success by teaming up with a group that will help you reach your goals. Interested in team or group training options? We have a team for you! Fill out the form below for more information on all of our awesome teams. We can’t wait to get started!
Working out with a partner or with a coach is extremely beneficial. Being with another person gives you that extra push and will always hold you accountable. Personal trainer Kristen Ramezzana has created a 6-week program in order to help you get ready for the summer! 6 Weeks ‘Til Summer will include:
-Before and after Inbody testing
-Personalized 6-week workout calendar
-One 55-minute group session per week
-2 online workouts per week
-30-minute nutrition consultation with our Registered Dietitian (continued RD services pending on insurance account)
Bring on bathing suit season! Sign up below to grab your spot. Use the code BIKINI to get 10% off!
Oops! We could not locate your form.