https://newtownathletic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Newtown-Athletic-Club-Logo-2019.png 0 0 Taylor https://newtownathletic.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Newtown-Athletic-Club-Logo-2019.png Taylor2015-07-31 11:21:242015-07-31 11:21:24#FitTipFriday 4 Glute Exercises You Need to be Doing
Who said squats are the only way to work your glutes? Add these exercises from NAC Trainer, Brian Munoz into your glute regimen!
1. Hamstring Curl with Swiss ball
- Begin on the floor laying on your back with your feet on top of the ball.
- Position the ball so that when your legs are extended your ankles are on top of the ball. This will be your starting position.
- Raise your hips off of the ground, keeping your weight on the shoulder blades and your feet.
- Flex the knees, pulling the ball as close to you as you can, contracting the hamstrings.
- After a brief pause, return to the starting position.
3. Bulgarian Split squat
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at arm’s length next to your sides, your palms facing each other.
- Stand in a staggered stance, your left foot in front of your right. Set your feet 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Place just the instep of your back foot on a bench. When you’re doing split squats, the higher your foot is elevated, the harder the exercise.
- Your front knee should be slightly bent.
- Brace your core.
4. Progression: Dumbells in rack position.