Looking for other ways to get your cardio workouts in? Here are a different few ways!
1. Alternating Waves:
- Hold the ends of the rope at arm’s length in front of your hips with your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Brace your core and begin alternately raising and lowering each arm explosively.
2. Box Jumps
- Stand tall in a shoulder width stance with your upper body relaxed
- Quickly lower yourself to the loaded position: squat down, elbows at 90 degrees, hands at hips, and chest up
- Immediately throw your arms upward and jump as high as you can while tucking your knees up to your chest
- Land softly on top of the box in a squatted position
- Stand fully upright to complete the reps
- Return to the ground by stepping off the box lightly
3. Mountain Climbers
- Assume a press up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart with straight arms
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left leg
- Continue alternating for the desired number of reps or time
Interested in learning more about membership at the Newtown Athletic Club?