Group Exercise Classes
At the NAC, we are #BetterTogether. The energy, motivation and inspiration of a group with common goals can do amazing things. Group fitness blends music, motivation and movement to create your ideal exercise experience. Group exercise classes for people of all fitness levels are available at the Newtown Athletic Club in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
What We Offer:
- Cycling classes – Cycling offers much more than a great workout – it creates a sense of community.The NAC cycling studio utilizes top of the line, high-performance Schwinn carbon bikes as well as technology that projects your heart rate in real-time. For cyclists that use MyZone wearable heart rate monitors (available at the NAC), you can monitor your heart rate and effort exertion while cycling – even when you leave the club. A variety of classes are offered including Revolution, Journey and Les Mills RPM, as well as special classes and challenges throughout the year.
These Schwinn carbon bikes are extremely different than road bikes, or bikes found at other gyms in the Newtown, Richboro, and Langhorne areas. These bikes feature heart rate monitors in addition to other valuable data including RPMs. These truly give you the feel of being outside. During the cold months, you can still get a good ride in without having to trek through the snow.
- Les Mills – Take your group exercise experience to the next level with Les Mills, the world’s largest provider of choreographed exercise-to-music group training. As one of the only clubs in the Newtown, Bucks County area to offer Les Mills BodyPump and BodyCombat, the NAC Les Mills instructors inspire hundreds of people each week. BodyPump is the world’s most popular barbell workout focused on getting lean and strong with 800-1,000 reps per class. Step into a high-intensity, BodyCombat workout and you’ll punch your way to fitness with no complex moves to master. You’ll leave Les Mills classes feeling like a champ and ready for more.
- Zumba – Let loose, get your heart rate up and have a blast while burning calories and learning how to dance. You don’t have to be a dancer to Zumba with us at the NAC. Zumba is an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning, dance fitness-party™ that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health. Our instructors make sure the basic moves are easy to learn, so members can achieve fundamental motions quickly and work their way up to more challenging movements. While our Zumba classes are for adults, we have dance classes for youth through the NAC Dance Academy.
- Pilates – Pilates works the body from the inside out, beginning with deep structural muscles of the diaphragm, pelvis, lower back, and buttocks, and then working up and out to the muscles of the chest, shoulders, upper back and extremities. This workout regimen targets problem areas and helps prevent injuries. It combines spine awareness, effective breathing techniques, and strength and flexibility training. Pilates are a great way to achieve a balanced mind, body, and soul.
- Yoga – Stretch and move your way to spiritual bliss with our team of experienced yoga instructors. We have a wide array of different yoga classes and instruction styles that cater to everyone, from hot to family yoga and workshops that focus on pre-natal. Find peace while working out with the NAC’s diverse selection of yoga programs. We take pride in having some of the most trendsetting class types in all of Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
Enjoy Strength in Numbers in NAC Group Exercise Classes
We have over 200 Group Fit classes per week that take place in our five studios. These innovative and results-driven fitness classes are led by 75 of the most experienced professional instructors in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Our staff takes pride in making sure each member of the group is getting their desired results (looking better, feeling better, and having fun!)
#BetterTogether – We’re stronger together, than we are alone
Group exercise classes at the NAC connect you to the energy, enthusiasm and inspiration of the fitness community.
Working out in a group setting is a proven way to motivate exercisers of all fitness levels. It encourages teamwork. It makes you dig deep and grow as an individual. The power in numbers approach is a motivational method that brings out the best in every participant.
All levels welcome in all classes, unless designated.
Members are encouraged to consult with the Director regarding appropriate classes, exercises, and their program in general.
Please stamp in @ front desk for all classes marked with an *, up to 30 minutes prior to class time to reserve your spot.
Please – no heavy perfumes applied before class.
Warm-ups and cool downs provided in all classes.
Please keep studio floors clear from gym bags, coats, etc.
Comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!