Are you traveling this weekend, and worried you won’t be able to get your workout in? Then NAC Trainer, Ryan Miller has 3 body weight exercises for you!
1. Squat Jumps:
- With your head up and your back straight, position your feet at shoulder width.
- Keeping your back straight and chest up, squat down as you inhale until your upper thighs are parallel, or lower, to the floor.
- Now pressing mainly with the ball of your feet, jump straight up in the air as high as possible, using the thighs like springs. Exhale during this portion of the movement.
- When you touch the floor again, immediately squat down and jump again.
2. Plyo Push-ups:
- Move into a prone position on the floor, supporting your weight on your hands and toes.
- Your arms should be fully extended with the hands around shoulder width. Keep your body straight throughout the movement. This will be your starting position.
- Descend by flexing at the elbow, lowering your chest towards the ground.
- At the bottom, reverse the motion by pushing yourself up through elbow extension as quickly as possible. Attempt to push your upper body up until your hands leave the ground.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
- For added difficulty, add claps into the movement while you are air borne.
- Come to all fours and tighten your abdominal muscles, keeping your spine and neck in a neutral position; you should be looking at the floor.
- Slowly extend your left leg behind you while reaching your right arm forward. Keep your hips and shoulders square and make sure your lower back doesn’t arch.
- Hold for five seconds. Slowly return to the starting position and do the move on the opposite side.