Do you know how local food benefits your long term health? NAC Registered Dietitian, Kelly Jones, goes into detail about the following seven reasons to buy locally to enhance your nutrition!
1. It is more fresh and tastes better!
2. The produce is more nutritious
3. The raising of animal is more humane
4. It supports the future of farming
5. Eating local is better for your local economy
6. It supports even better air quality and lowers pollution more than just eating organic
7. Local food translates to more variety
To find out more about local farms, farmers markets and CSA’s, (Community Supported Agriculture) check out www.localharvest.com
At the NAC, we know that your nutrition is equally as important as a your fitness regiment. For more information on nutrition coaching, complete the form below.
Oops! We could not locate your form.