Fitness or Fun: Indoor pools offering both!
Newtown Athletic Club has two indoor pools that are available for our members to use.
Indoor Pool, Swim Lessons & Programming
Our Philosophy: The health and safety of our participants (including our instructors) is our top priority! Our small class size ensures safety and very personal attention. Our instructors challenge the children in a way that they enjoy learning. The Newtown Athletic Club will always strive to be unmatched in the flexibility of scheduling and ease of registration. From the family locker room to the warm water pool, our facilities will evolve in order to continue leading the field of swim instruction.
Indoor Pool Rules
Attire/Equipment – One piece bathing suit. Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper in order to enter the pool. We suggest everyone shower before entering the pool. Flotation devices and goggles are welcome at the lifeguards’ discretion.
Mandatory Rules for Parents and Children
- No street shoes on deck.
- All swimmers must shower before using the pools if they are wearing perfumes, colognes or scented lotions.
- No glass containers of any kind in the pool area.
- No Running or Diving.
- No climbing on the railings.
- Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult in the pool area.
- Children 5 and must be accompanied by an adult in the pool.
- All non potty-trained children must wear swim diapers.
- Parents may sit on the pool deck or in the observation area and remain in view of the child at all times.
- Any child not accompanied by an adult will sit on the pool deck until the parent can be located.