While we are in the beginning stages of planning, it is our desire to gather input from you, our advocates and VIP clients. By sharing our vision and plans in the early stages, we will have time to receive your input, incorporate viable suggestions and cultivate your full understanding and support. Please consider taking the time out of your busy schedule to share in this exciting process.
When: Thursday, November 6, 2014
Time: 7:30pm- 9:00pm
Where: Studio 1
Why: VIP Focus Group for #NACBuildUp
As an added bonus, our architect, Herve Lavoie, will be present at the focus group. You will have a chance to ask questions or even speak with him one-on-one regarding this exciting new project.
Light refreshments will be served.
In the coming weeks we are preparing to announce a $10 million, 30,000 sq foot renovation/expansion that we are calling the #NACBuildUp. The # symbol included in the name of this project will help drive our social media campaign to disseminate information in real time as we proceed through the phases of this exciting initiative.
This expansion includes a major renovation of the Urban Allure Salon & Spa. In short, we plan to reconfigure the entire salon and spa on the main level of the building. There will no longer be two levels of Urban Allure, but rather a newly designed access to both the salon and the Signature Spa all located on the first level. Our vision is to create an appealing, upscale environment of relaxation, rejuvenation and therapeutic healing. The salon will retain its urban, energetic feel. As a bonus we plan to create a product demo and education area where you can learn and enjoy all the benefits of the top of the line products that your professional stylists and technicians use and recommend.
Below is a outline of the complete project which includes all the many amenities of the NAC as a whole. Since the reconfiguration of Urban allure is integral to this project we wanted to invite you to learn and to offer your insights so that we can design the most enjoyable experience for you.
An Overview of #NACBuildUp:
- The renovation and expansion of our men’s and women’s adult locker rooms to be double in size and scope. Due to our membership growth over the past 2 years, we know this area needs to take priority in any expansion strategy. Our vision is to design adult locker rooms that are luxurious and relaxing offering a resort style environment that will make your regular NAC visits even more enjoyable.
- The Fitness Center will expand to include a large group training area for small group training classes that will be included in the membership. In addition, the TRX training area will double in size enabling more effective use of specialty training products. Our fitness center is already recognized as one of the top in the nation; however, with these additions our members will have even more opportunities to create fitness habits that will last a lifetime.
- The Urban Allure Salon and Spa will be reconfigured on the main club level, instead of both levels; featuring a new entrance to the Sanctuary Spa on the main level, while offering high end retail products and customized environments for relaxation, rejuvenation and therapeutic services. Our goal is to offer the style, status and amenities of a five star resort salon and spa located in the heart of your community.
- The NACafe will be expanded to include far more seating as well as a larger more advanced indoor kitchen. We will create a true restaurant environment for both families and adults that will rival an upscale destination casual dining experience.
- On the upper level above the new NACafe area we will create a one of a kind outdoor exercise deck from an exciting vantage point overlooking the surrounding area. The participant will benefit from not only the fresh air experience, but also from the healing properties of sunlight as an alternative to indoor exercise in the warm weather seasons.
- The group exercise studios will be renovated and expanded to feature not only state of the art equipment, but also boutique style individual studios for the various exercise modalities including; Spin, Zumba, Pilates, yoga, strength training and more. Each of these areas will have its own brand (look, style, and name) in order to promote our true expertise and creativity for the already wide variety of proficiency that we offer to the member experience all under one roof.
- A heated 3-lane outdoor lap pool will be built adjacent to our indoor Jr. Olympic size pool to allow outdoor lap swimming all year round. One will be able to access this pool by swimming though an underwater tunnel between the current indoor pool and the new outdoor pool. We are thinking of possibly including an outdoor hot tub spa with this pool configuration. What we are envisioning is as yet unheard of on the east coast.
- The TechnoFit studio will relocate to the rear of the building to be included in the newly expanded area which hosts the various new group exercise boutique style studios. We will be able to improve upon the efficiency, comfort and ambiance of TechnoFit in this new location.
- The current TechnoFit area will be reconfigured into retail space, administrative and membership services offices, as well as a Wellness Center featuring programs and services offered through our new medical wellness partnership with Aria Health, called the NAC/Aria Project Wellness. By locating this wellness amenity near the front lobby, we will be able to more conveniently engage our members in all the added benefits that this partnership brings.
- On approximately one acre of outdoor recreation space adjacent to our Escape Outdoor Resort Style Pool Complex we will develop some exciting new services including a pavilion for teens with social and recreational activities, an outdoor sand volleyball court and a full outdoor basketball court. The purpose of this area will be to increase our offering of available and appealing activities for both pre-teens and teens, as well as families.
- On the other side of Penns Trail at the corner of Penns Trail and Pheasant Run, a 2-acre outdoor fenced in green athletic field area will be utilized for camps, sports activities and even parking, in some instances, for major events that we can hold on our 22-acre complex.
- A $400,000 underground tunnel will be built beneath Penns Trail in order to access this outdoor field area safely and efficiently. We know of no other health club in the nation that has ever built an underground passageway to access another service area of their facility.
We are working on this groundbreaking project with Herve Lavoie of the Ohlson Lavoie Collaborative, arguably the best architect in the world in our industry. His specialty knowledge and experience, as it relates to large complexes such as ours, helps drive our vision to a final result that exceeds all expectations. Herve was our architect for the Big Build Expansion as well as every other project for the past 10 years at the NAC. We trust our vision to no one else.
This project is scheduled to begin in July 2015 and will be completed in phases over a period of 18 months.