Who said squats are the only way to work your glutes? Add these exercises from NAC Trainer, Brian Munoz into your glute regimen!
1. Hamstring Curl with Swiss ball
- Begin on the floor laying on your back with your feet on top of the ball.
- Position the ball so that when your legs are extended your ankles are on top of the ball. This will be your starting position.
- Raise your hips off of the ground, keeping your weight on the shoulder blades and your feet.
- Flex the knees, pulling the ball as close to you as you can, contracting the hamstrings.
- After a brief pause, return to the starting position.
3. Bulgarian Split squat
- Grab a pair of dumbbells and hold them at arm’s length next to your sides, your palms facing each other.
- Stand in a staggered stance, your left foot in front of your right. Set your feet 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Place just the instep of your back foot on a bench. When you’re doing split squats, the higher your foot is elevated, the harder the exercise.
- Your front knee should be slightly bent.
- Brace your core.
4. Progression: Dumbells in rack position.